I am advertising for a paid intern to work in my constituency office. All details are below, and if you would like to apply for the role please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post.
Job Title: Paid intern
Working For: Nia Griffith MP
Salary: £8,424 p.a. for 18 hours per week (= Real Living Wage £9 per hour)
Nia Griffith MP is offering an opportunity to a highly motivated and reliable person to be a paid intern working alongside other staff to deal professionally and efficiently with constituency business. The post is initially for six months, which may be extended. The successful candidate must be well-organised, meticulous about detail and record-keeping, confident with the public and able to work as part of a team. The successful candidate will be based in the Llanelli constituency office and must be able to work across the constituency. The 18 hours per week can be worked over between 3 to 5 days by mutual agreement. The role involves some evening and weekend work, and outdoor site visits.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assisting with arrangements for community events, including using social media
- Assisting / learning how to deal with constituents, attend surgeries, draft letters, hand deliver letters to constituents for surgeries, keep all records accurate, up-to-date and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Undertake routine administrative and office duties including liaising with clients, the Assembly Member’s staff and local councillors
- Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts
- Learn how to monitor media and analyse data
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Answering the phone and dispatching mail
The ideal candidate will have
- excellent interpersonal skills
- driving licence and unrestricted use of a car
- the ability to work to tight deadlines and pay keen attention to detail
- proficiency in IT, including social media, email and databases
- the ability to take the initiative and prioritise their workload
- sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party
Closing Date: Friday 26th July 2019
Interviews will take place on Friday 2nd Angust, with start date Monday 9th September.
Apply by email enclosing CV and covering letter and the names and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org