I have a vacancy in my constituency office for a caseworker – click here or see below for details about the job and how to apply
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Nia Griffith MP (Llanelli)
Salary: £19,641 FTE, pro rata for 16 hours, spread over 3 – 5 days to include Saturdays
Nia Griffith MP requires a highly motivated and reliable person to work with the senior caseworker to deal professionally and efficiently with casework. The successful candidate must be well-organised, meticulous about detail and record-keeping, confident with the public and able to work as part of a team. The successful candidate will be based in the Llanelli constituency office, and must be able to work across the constituency. The 16 hours per week can be worked over between 3 to 5 days by mutual agreement. The role involves some evening and weekend work and outdoor site visits.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Deal with casework and queries, attend surgeries, draft letters and keep all records accurate, up-to-date and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Undertake routine administrative and office duties including liaising with clients, the Assembly Member’s staff and local councillors
• Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
The ideal candidate will have
• excellent interpersonal skills
• driving licence and unrestricted use of a car
• the ability to deal with casework, work to tight deadlines and pay keen attention to detail
• proficiency in IT, including caseworker management systems, email and databases
• the ability to take the initiative and prioritise their workload
• sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 January 2019
Interviews will take place on Fri 25th January, with start date as soon as possible afterwards.
Apply by email enclosing CV and covering letter and the names and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org